Scope of this Policy
We provide Services to our customers. As part of the Services, customers upload their data onto Staq’s computer systems in furtherance of the processing Services Staq offers at a customer’s explicit directives. As such, the customer is data controller and Staq is the data processor as the customer is the owner of the data collected, uploaded, and processed by Staq, and Staq is performing the data processing Services pursuant to the customer’s explicit directives in the form of a written agreement between Staq and the customer.
Information Collected by STAQ
STAQ registration and customer support
You may provide us with information about you when you complete a STAQ web form, register to use a STAQ website, (such as App.STAQ.com) or Service, request a Services demonstration, respond to an advertisement, contact STAQ for support or other offerings, or attend an event or forum in which STAQ is hosting or participating. During such processes, we collect Personal Information about you. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, email, phone number, billing and payment information, position, or title. We may also collect other public and third party information about you to supplement your profile, such as public information about the company where you work.
STAQ Applications With Third Parties That STAQ Uses
STAQ will sometimes offer an application on some third party platforms, like Google, SalesForce.com or Facebook. Below are specific policies regarding each application:
- STAQ's GOOGLE SHEETS APPLICATION "StaqSpreadsheetUpload" - This application enables STAQ clients to upload their data into their own STAQ account with their own Google Sheets.
Why Is my Information Needed?
StaqSpreadsheetUpload is a web based application that will use the file ID that Google assigns to the spreadsheet that you are uploading. We use that file identifier to upload the data contents of that file later and process them on our servers. The data contents that you upload is your own for use in the STAQ platform.
How do we use that information?
We use the data that you provide to augment your STAQ account with your data that you provide in the form of a Google Sheet. Your data will be uploaded to your STAQ account that you connected to while using "StaqSpreadsheetUpload". Once the data from your Google Sheet is made available in your STAQ account, you will be able to report on that data using STAQ.
Will we share your information?
No, STAQ does not share data that clients upload into STAQ.
We receive and store certain information about how you use our websites and Services when you visit a STAQ website or use our Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a STAQ website. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit a STAQ website or product, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our website, the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website.
We may receive information about how you use our websites and Services through the use of first-party and third-party cookies, and also web beacons and other similar technologies. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our website or Services. The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the website or Services you are using, and whether you have provided information identifying yourself to the website or Services.
In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities when you use our websites or Services using cookies or other technologies. We do not respond to web browser ‘do not track’ signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our websites or who use our websites or Services.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
STAQ social networking pages
We maintain pages on many social networking sites. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
STAQ online advertising
We advertise online, including displaying STAQ ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we may collect information about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and the web page where the ad was displayed to you.
Public chat, message boards and user postings
Use of the information collected by STAQ
We may use the information we collect about you to:
· Provide you STAQ website content and Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
· Operate and improve our websites and Services, and diagnose related problems
· Personalize our website, Services, and Communications to your likely interests and needs
· Send you business messages such as those related to Services notifications, payments or renewal of your subscription
· Send you information about STAQ, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
· Conduct market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
· Display personalized ads to you
· Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with Communications that may be relevant to you and to enhance the Services we provide to you
· Contact you via telephone to discuss our Services and related offers with you
· Aggregate data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve our Services.
Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
Newsletter subscription information and product updates and notifications
From time to time, we may provide information to our customers and potential customers in the form of electronic or print newsletters. When you subscribe to our newsletter you may be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about STAQ. It will be emailed or mailed to the address that you provide when you subscribe.
If you are a user of the STAQ product (app.STAQ.com), your email address may be used to alert you of notifications to your account in the product, or changes in the product.
Sharing information collected by STAQ
We work with companies that help us run our business. These companies may provide services such as delivering customer support, processing and collecting payments, and sending Communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your Personal Information as required to help us run our business.
STAQ may also share your Personal Information:
· When you have consented to the sharing
· With our affiliated companies
· When you purchase a license to use a, or indicate interest in a third party product or service through STAQ, so the third party may contact you about your purchase or interest
· With our resellers and other sales partners
· When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
· When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of STAQ, or the property and security of our customers and users
· To the extent necessary to meet lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
· If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a website, app, or business unit, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, in which case your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
· When we hire companies to help us market our websites and Services and provide you with information and offers related to STAQ, including displaying ads to you across the Internet
· When we enlist the services of participating third party carriers to provide messaging services
· When we aggregate and share de-identified information collected by our Services in order to provide statistical information or market research to third parties
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
Your Personal Information and data files are stored on our servers and the servers of our affiliated companies and companies we hire to provide services to us.
Cross-border data transfers
Reviewing, updating or deleting your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our websites and Services may allow you to review and edit your Personal Information by accessing your profile or similar feature of the website or Service you are using. For our websites, you may have the ability to manage your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You should consult the settings and instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to us to review, edit, or delete your Personal Information by emailing your request to privacy@STAQ.com, or if you prefer, you can contact us through physical mail at STAQ, Inc., 21 WEST 38th ST. NY, NY 10001 (Attn: Privacy). Once we verify your identify, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and Services you use, as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems after your use of our websites and Services ends.
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with your Personal Information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with the websites and Services you use, or tailor them to you.
Opting-out of STAQ Communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by modifying your website or Service profile, or by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions that are contained within the mailing, newsletter or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to privacy@STAQ.com with "Unsubscribe" in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Questions or concerns